Nurse Practitioner-PHC Full Time
The Central Brampton Family Health Team is looking to recruit a dedicated full-time Nurse Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary team. The NP will provide a range of independent and collaborative advanced nursing services with a focus on the assessment and treatment of acute and chronic primary health conditions in addition to supporting chronic disease management and health promotion with family physicians and inter-professional healthcare providers. Experience in current Chronic Disease Management and Geriatric Wellness are preferred.
- Perform individual assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling and other clinical activities according to CNO standards of practice for RN (EC).
- Provide care to patients of all ages within our FHT guidelines for health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and geriatric care (including memory clinics-MINT)
- Consult as appropriate, with members of an interdisciplinary team, the local hospital, medical clinics, community care system, attending and specialist physicians and the surrounding community to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinate a patient’s plan of care and treatment
- Ensures continuity of care by maintaining accurate up-to-date clinical records, monitoring FHT patients on a regular basis and case-conferences with members of the team as required
- Advocate, educate, lead, provide mentorship, and consult as needed
- Flexible to work minimum of 1 evening per work week.
- Increase access to enhanced assessment, diagnosis and treatment within the community and/or target population
* Current extended class certificate and registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (NP-PHC)
* Graduate of a recognized Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program
* Candidates require 2-3 years clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably within a multidisciplinary primary care setting
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong clinical and effective time management skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
* Excellent health assessment skills, clinical judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience with Geriatric assessments and programs
* Liability protection through the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS)
* Proficiency in the use of the computer including Microsoft and Excel
* Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record system preferably Oscar
* Multi-tasking skills required, having the ability to share information and teach while treating a patient.
Interested, qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to Elvira Trichilo, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Central Brampton Family Health Team (CBFHT) supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. CBFHT is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources Manager. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.