Links to Trusted Health Sites
Additional health information from trusted sources to allow for further learning.
- Alzheimer’s Association of Canada
- Check out the Brain Booster® link for fitness tips,healthy recipes, and puzzles (crosswords, Sudoku, and wordsearch) .
- Breast Cancer Society of Canada
- Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation
- Canadian Cancer Society (Ontario Region)
- Canadian Diabetes Association (http://www.diabetes.ca/)
- Canadian Lung Association
- Caring for Kids is the Canadian Pediatric Society’s website for parents covering issues from pregnancy through raising teens.
- Dietitians of Canada
- Doctors’ Breast Feeding Clinic
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada
- Health Canada (http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/index-eng.php)
- My Favourite Medicine (Dr. Mike Evans, Family Physician at St. Mike’s in Toronto and host of CBC radio’sFresh Air program provides up to date information on a growing list of health concerns for both patients and doctors. He creates excellent slide shows and educational videos you can link to on his site… some of these have gone “viral” so check out the buzz.
- Osteoporosis Canada
- After School Guide and Activity Tracker
- ParticipAction (This site provides many resources for getting and staying active at all stages of life and guidelines for activity and sedentary behaviour for all age groups)
- Are your kids geting enough activity each day? Use the guide and tracker to make sure.
- Prostate Cancer Canada