The Full Time Registered Nurse at the Central Brampton Family Health Team will provide comprehensive primary care services within an inter-professional team based care model providing clinical support in our health programs with strong collaboration with team members, physicians and patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide services to patients within full scope of practice of a registered nurse
- Assessing the health needs of patients to identify appropriate nursing interventions and using current knowledge trends in the community
- Work independently to provide patient care by implementing authorized clinic medial directives
- Collaborate with team members to plan, implement, coordinate and evaluate patient care
- Responsible for INR program
- Responsible for Spirometry in Lung Health program
- To participate in Chronic Disease Management and Prevention programs – Diabetes Management, Geriatric Management, and Palliative Care (previous experience is preferred).
- To perform immunizations and other injections, venipuncture, and ECGs as required
- Perform Cancer Screening (Pap Tests)
- Manage infection control procedures and Health and Safety including identifying clinic needs and inventory record keeping
- Dispensing and administering medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician and or nurse practitioner
The RN will participate in our Chronic Disease Management and Health Prevention Programs. An expertise in CDM programs is required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (B.Sc.N)
- Preference given to those with at least two years of nursing experience in a Primary Care setting
- Practical experience in Palliative, Geriatric, Diabetes and Lung health program team collaboration (Spirometry experience an asset)
- Current CPR
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of and ability to use electronic medical records
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a busy multi-disciplinary team
- Have the ability to act responsibly, accountable, excellent problem solving/critical and thinking skills.
Interested, qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to Elvira Trichilo, Human Resource Manager, email@example.com, Fax: 905-451-8272
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.