SOCIAL WORKER (PART-TIME)
Central Brampton Family Health Team (CBFHT) is expanding to create an inter-professional primary care (IPC) team by improving health care capacity through a team-based accessible approach to care. IPC overall goal is to target population health needs within the community served, focusing on mental health, senior’s wellness, diabetes, and other prevention programs.
CBFHT is currently recruiting for a part-time permanent Social Worker/Mental Health Counsellor
who has special interest in mindfulness and supporting patients strengthen emotional regulation and distress tolerance skills? Referrals to the Social Worker/Mental Health Counsellor may include treatment for trauma, OCD, and eating disorders. The successful candidate will support primary health care functions and work in collaboration with Central Brampton’s FHT full Interprofessional Healthcare Provider (IHP) team. The candidate will share their expertise and knowledge of mental health services that will support and align with CBFHT’s other health prevention programs.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Perform client Psychosocial Assessments, Treatment, Psycho-education and Evaluation
- Assess, formulate and provide collaborative care plans with clients.
- Experience with managing intake assessments and provides counselling services to meet individual, family, and young-adult needs to positively impact the health of patients and families.
- Ability to communicate care plans and care coordination with referring physicians and the inter-professional health team.
- Provide short term treatment, outcome evaluation and resource referrals where required.
- Demonstrate experience with providing individual, adult, couples and family sessions virtually and in person.
- Responsible for making clinical decisions and exercising judgement to ensure best possible care is provided within available resources.
- Preferred experience with, MBCT – Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy, MBSR – Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, DBT – Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Demonstrate experience to provide individual and groups sessions for emotional regulation, mindfulness, and distress tolerance.
- Preferred experience with ERP Therapy – Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy
- Knowledgeable of the community and the resources available, especially in the areas of crisis services, Mental Health, and Long-Term Care;
- To build strong relationship with CBFHT Mental Health Team members.
- Collaborate with other Interdisciplinary Health Professionals, assess, formulate, implement and discuss appropriate individualized care coordination and care plans based on best practices.
- To provide consults of assessment and intervention with referring physicians and other team clinicians within a specified timeframe.
- Effectively support patients to manage their clinical plans including healthy choices, healthy lifestyles, appointments, medication as necessary, and self-management of care.
- Assist patients and providers to navigate the health and community service systems to identify and connect them with appropriate services and supports.
- Participate in team building, program development, and improvement activities.
- Comply with established personnel policies, procedures, standards and guidelines for operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Strong organization and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility
- Ability to be open, non-judgmental and client-centered
- Experience in the use of EMR (Oscar Preferred)
- Proficiency in the use of computer hardware and software, particularly in Microsoft word, excel, outlook and electronic medical records
- Must have access to reliable transportation as travel between sites is required maybe required
- Work in compliance with Health Safety laws adhering to safe work practices and procedures established by the CBFHT
Education/Specific Job Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology or another related Graduate Degree
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Worker and Social Service Workers and/or registration with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Proof of own professional liability insurance
- Fluent in other language(s) (particularly in Mandarin, Cantonese, Portuguese, Farsi, Arabic, etc) would be an asset.
- Minimum three years’ experience in a community and/or Primary Health care setting and able to demonstrate effective delivery of quality care virtually and, or in person.
- Experience in creating new program ideas from implementation, to monitoring and evaluation.
The candidate should be an enthusiastic and motivated professional seeking to contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services as well as participate fully in the delivery of comprehensive primary care.
Central Brampton Family Health Tea
Nurse Practitioner-PHC Full Time
The Central Brampton Family Health Team is looking to recruit a dedicated full-time Nurse Practitioner to join our multidisciplinary team. The NP will provide a range of independent and collaborative advanced nursing services with a focus on the assessment and treatment of acute and chronic primary health conditions in addition to supporting chronic disease management and health promotion with family physicians and inter-professional healthcare providers. Experience in current Chronic Disease Management and Geriatric Wellness are preferred.
Perform individual assessment, diagnosis, treatment, health education/counseling and other clinical activities according to CNO standards of practice for RN (EC).
Provide care to patients of all ages within our FHT guidelines for health promotion, disease prevention, chronic disease management, and geriatric care (including memory clinics-MINT)
Consult as appropriate, with members of an interdisciplinary team, the local hospital, medical clinics, community care system, attending and specialist physicians and the surrounding community to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and coordinate a patient’s plan of care and treatment
Ensures continuity of care by maintaining accurate up-to-date clinical records, monitoring FHT patients on a regular basis and case-conferences with members of the team as required
Advocate, educate, lead, provide mentorship, and consult as needed
Flexible to work minimum of 1 evening per work week.
Increase access to enhanced assessment, diagnosis and treatment within the community and/or target population
* Current extended class certificate and registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (NP-PHC)
* Graduate of a recognized Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner program
* Candidates require 2-3 years clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner, preferably within a multidisciplinary primary care setting
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Strong clinical and effective time management skills
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
* Excellent health assessment skills, clinical judgment, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Experience with Geriatric assessments and programs
* Liability protection through the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS)
* Proficiency in the use of the computer including Microsoft and Excel
* Prior experience and knowledge of electronic medical record system preferably Oscar
* Multi-tasking skills required, having the ability to share information and teach while treating a patient.
Interested, qualified candidates should send their current resume and cover letter to Elvira Trichilo, HR Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org,
The Central Brampton Family Health Team (CBFHT) supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and disabled persons. CBFHT is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please advise our Human Resources Manager. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes and collected as per Freedom of Information (F.O.I.) and Protection of Privacy Act, 1987.
We thank all applicants for expressing interest in this position; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.